To complete this module for D-SAACP credit, you must access the course through Joint Knowledge Online (JKO). Click the “Get Started D-SAACP Credit” button above to leave the Safe Helpline site and go to Joint Knowledge Online. For instructions for how to register for Safe Helpline self-paced educational programs through JKO, please click here.
What is Building Hope & Resiliency: Addressing the Effects of Sexual Assault?
Building Hope & Resiliency: Addressing the Effects of Sexual Assault is a self-guided, online, educational program that seeks to help you begin to recover, heal and build resiliency after a sexual assault. Recognizing the impact that trauma can have, this program is part of a comprehensive effort to enhance resilience and improve readiness across the Total Force. The program is designed to be completed at your pace and features definitions, helpful information about coping mechanisms, practical relaxation exercises, and links to resources and referrals for on-going support. Also included is a brief, optional self-assessment for you to gauge how effective your current coping strategies are, and whether you may benefit from additional support and resources.
- Validate the struggle and adversity that individuals who have experienced sexual assault face.
- Empower users in their healing journey.
- Build knowledge of exercises that can enhance a user’s ability to cope with the short- and long-term effects of sexual assault.
- Increase awareness and understanding of, and access to, available mental healthcare resources
- Inspire hope for continuing personal growth.
For more information on the background and development of this program, download the Information Paper.