How to Get Help: Safe HelpRoom
What is Safe HelpRoom?
Safe HelpRoom is a group chat service that allows sexual assault survivors in the military to connect with, and support, one another in a moderated and secure online environment at SafeHelpline.org.
When is Safe HelpRoom Available?
Is Safe HelpRoom Really Confidential and Anonymous?
How We Made the Safe HelpRoom Secure and Anonymous
- We do not capture your IP (computer) address once you enter the Safe HelpRoom. This means that we have no record that you were ever here.
- We do not save a transcript of Safe HelpRoom sessions. Once you close your chat window, that text is not retrievable.
- We do not allow participants to share any personally - identifying information while in a Safe HelpRoom session.
- Safe HelpRoom reviewers have the ability to block messages that violate the Ground Rules. Messages that may be blocked or edited include those that contain personal information or inappropriate content that could be disruptive or harmful to other participants.
- While RAINN operates the Safe Helpline under contract from the Department of Defense (DoD), we will not share any personally identifying information about your visit with the Department or your chain of command, unless required by law.
Is Safety Guaranteed?
- No. We have taken extensive precautions to ensure your safety, but we cannot guarantee that someone will not invent a way to circumvent these protections. While we can't eliminate every risk, we have greatly minimized the risks and made it as safe to use as a telephone helpline.
We value your feedback! Please let us know if the information on this page was: