What is Safe Helpline 101?
Safe Helpline 101 provides a comprehensive overview of Safe Helpline, including services offered; information about our secure technology platform; and how we’ve taken extensive steps to protect the anonymity and confidentiality of users. In addition, this program describes how Safe Helpline services augment and support Sexual Assault Response Coordinators (SARCs) and Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Victim Advocates (SAPR VAs) in their efforts to meet the needs of sexual assault survivors on their bases and installations. We have created this program as an initial step to learning more about the services Safe Helpline provides.
- Identify how Safe Helpline is a valuable resource for survivors, their friends and family, and local Sexual Assault Prevention and Response service providers.
- Explain how the specialized services available on Safe Helpline helps support survivors in their healing process.
- Review the differences between anonymity and confidentiality as well as how both inform the delivery of Safe Helpline services.
- Demonstrate what a user can expect when connecting with Safe Helpline.
- Describe how the most recent initiatives available through Safe Helpline benefit survivors and service providers.
This module can be completed anonymously or for one hour of D-SAACP credit via the respective Get Started buttons above. This program fulfills the DoDI 6495.03 Safe Helpline requirement for SARCs and SAPR VAs
For more information on the background and development of this program, download the Information Paper.