Take a Tour of Safe HelpRoom
Safe HelpRoom allows sexual assault survivors in the military to connect with, and support one another in a moderated and secure online group chat environment.
Safe HelpRoom is not intended as a replacement for counseling or other mental health services.
Safe HelpRoom hosts two sessions per week, for two-hours each. The schedule and session topics are posted in advance so you can determine which session is right for you.
You can also vote for the topics you'd like to cover in future sessions. You can do so using the 'Discussion Poll' on the right side of the page.
Terms of Service and Ground Rules
To protect your anonymity and safety, we've created a few ground rules including no personally identifying information or abusive language allowed.
Please read these over, along with our Terms of Service, before joining Safe HelpRoom to ensure a safe and positive session for everyone.
Our top priority is your safety. Because of that, we designed Safe HelpRoom from the ground up so that you can remain completely anonymous and your participation in a Safe HelpRoom session is confidential.
How We Made the Safe HelpRoom Secure and Anonymous
- We do not capture your IP (computer) address once you enter the Safe HelpRoom. This means that we have no record that you were ever here.
- We do not save a transcript of Safe HelpRoom sessions. Once you close your chat window, that text is not retrievable.
- We do not allow participants to share any personally identifying information while in a Safe HelpRoom session nor do we facilitate the sharing of personally identifying information outside a Safe HelpRoom session.
- Safe HelpRoom reviewers have the ability to block messages that violate the Ground Rules. Messages that may be blocked or edited include those that contain personal information or inappropriate content that could be disruptive or harmful to other participants.
- While RAINN operates the Safe Helpline under contract from the Department of Defense (DoD), we will not share any personally identifying information about your visit with DoD or your chain of command, unless required by law.
Is Safety Guaranteed?
- No. We have taken extensive precautions to ensure your safety, but we cannot guarantee that someone will not invent a way to circumvent these protections. While we can't eliminate every risk, we have greatly minimized the risks and made it as safe to use as a telephone helpline.
Also keep in mind that if you are using a DoD or other work-related computer, your employer may be able to track your usage of this and other websites.
To make sure Safe HelpRoom fits your needs, we need your help. Please complete our quick user comment card at the end of your Safe HelpRoom session.
About the Comment Card
- We do not ask for any personally identifying information. The survey is completely anonymous.
- There are only six questions, and it should only take one minute to complete.