Can I make a Restricted or Unrestricted Report?

Submitted by admin on Fri, 07/28/2017 - 05:29
  • National Guard and Reserve Component members can make a report of sexual assault to the SAPR Program regardless of when the assault occurred.
  • Regardless of your duty status at the time that the sexual assault occurred, or at the time that you are seeking help, National Guard and Reserve Component members can elect either the Restricted or Unrestricted Reporting option and have access to a SARC and a SAPR VA.
  • However, medical entitlements remain dependent on a line of duty (LOD) determination as to whether or not the sexual assault incident occurred in an active duty or inactive duty training status.
  • If you’re reporting a sexual assault that occurred prior to or while not performing active service or inactive training, you will be able to receive limited SAPR support services from a SARC and a SAPR VA and are eligible to file a Restricted or Unrestricted Report.